Search & Win

Friday, July 16, 2010

Master Bedroom Sneak Peak

Here is a quick sneak peak at the master bedroom. I know you would rather see the whole thing, but life is busy, busy right now.  Trying to get ready to go to a family reunion, so I'll be absent for a bit.

This is probably my favorite piece in the master bedroom.  Hubby bought it for me not too long ago when I expressed a need for a desk where I could put all the house hold bills, and other paperwork I have to do.  I wanted something that I could close up, so the mess couldn't be seen.  I'm not real great at keeping it neat, hence the need to close it up!


The photo frame is one I have had for years, just pulled it from another room, the nest was given to me by a friend.  She discovered it in her yard a few weeks ago, I would like to get some eggs to put in it.  The little yellow pot is one that I painted myself, and was featured on The Virginia House 3 weeks ago.  The white vase was a freebie!  The basket in the bottom, was also a freebie I found on Freecycle.com.  Just needed a coat of spray paint!  I'm not real sure I like the flowers in the yellow pot, but hubby likes it, so I am leaving it for now.  Any opinions?

Come back next week to see the whole master "suite"!!
Melissa

3 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see more posts of your decor! I love the green walls :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here for Friday Follows and following you now. Hope to see you at Dropped Stitches!

    xo Erin
    droppedstitches72.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know when the room is finished....I don't like suspense!
    Thanks for the nice comments about my burlap trimmed slipcover on Sally Lee by the Sea blog. She copied my blog without my permission. If you want to see the tutorial on the slipcover visit me at
    lamaisonreid.blogspot.com. I put off making slipcovers for years thinking they would be difficult to make and I was afraid to cut the fabric. I read a blogger who said "JUST CUT THE FABRIC" so I did and was amazed at how fast this went. I bought a second chair to cover and can't wait to start. I may do a more detailed "how to" on that chair. Stay tuned :)
    Happy Weekend
    xoxo
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete