Search & Win

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Pinterest Recipes, Great Ice Cream!

Last night I was in the mood for something different for dinner.  As my Hubby says, that usually means I will like it and he will not.  Well, in this case he was right.  (smile)

I made Quinoa, Sweet Potato and Avocado Tacos, from Some the Wiser.
As I said, I really liked these, my husband said they were okay and my daughter said the taco shell was good.  I think these would be better as a tostada or burrito simply because the fillling slides out easily.  I did not use olives and cilantro because Hubby doesn't like either of them.  I thought these had a nutty, lime, sweet/hot flavor.  I really like them and will be eating them for lunch today. 

The second recipe I tried was a hit!  We made Easy Homemade Chocolate Ice Cream from Trains & Tutus.  This tastes just like a chocolate Frosty!  The only change I would make, was Hubby's suggestion of adding a dash of vanilla.  I think it would round out the flavor better.  This was super easy and yummy!  However, I suggest filling to an inch below the fill line in your freezer.  I went right up to the line as usual and it over flowed toward the end  of the freeze time.
We will definitely be making this again! In fact it makes up a 4 quart freezer and I only used my 2 quart so we will be having it again later this week!  The best part about this recipe?  Only 3 ingredients!! It is WAY cheaper to make than regular homemade ice cream!! 
Hope you all are having a great week!  I have a big project in the works, hopefullly I will have it ready to show you by Friday!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment