Search & Win

Monday, January 9, 2012

Pinterest #9

Welcome Back to Pinterest Mondays!  Sorry for skipping out on you all for the last two weeks, I've been finishing projects, and doing a little relaxing, and some traveling.  For today I have some fun Pinterest finds that I am thinking of using for my Little Monkey's room.  Her room is ready for an update, from baby to little girl.  Hope you enjoy!

First up is a hot air baloon.  This is something my Little Monkey is crazy about, she has a hot air baloon shirt that is getting too small, but she refuses to give it up.  I know she would love having a couple of these in her room!

http://www.momtastic.com/diy/171037-diy-hot-air-balloon-lantern
Next is a super cute pillow from Cluck Cluck Sew, let me just say that this lady is so awesome!  She creates the best quilts, and projects.  I am loving this Sprocket pillow for LM's room, her bed is going to have a nine patch quilt made out of 1930's vintage reproduction fabrics, so I think the pillow will go well!
http://www.cluckclucksew.com/2011/03/tutorial-sprocket-pillows.html
I think this little giraff could be a cute addition to the bed as well.  This comes from Vogue, via Flamingo Toes.

 Yet another super cute pillow, tho the pattern is a bit more complicated, so I am not sure I will attempt it. 
http://www.everydayartbyeda.com/blog.html
Yet another great pillow, do you see a theme here?  Little Monkey's bed needs something to spruce it up, and make it more feminine. 

This room from ohdeedoh is one of my inspirations, such a cute girly room, and yet not baby, it something to grow into and easily update as the girls get older.

Here is another source of inspiration, this one from Houzz.
pottery barn kids rooms traditional kids
traditional kids design

One last pillow for you, this comes from Mandy Lynn Photography.  I like the organic feel, from the linen, and the splash of color.
http://blog.mandylynne.com/?paged=5
I hope you all have enjoyed my inspiration!  I am hoping to finish up a few projects this month, then start on Little Monkey's bedroom.  Hopefully it won't take too long!  I am really excited to start on her room, but I know if I do I won't finish the other stuff that is waiting. 
Have a great week!
Melissa

4 comments:

  1. Melissa, you have posted some great inspiration here. I look forward to see what you do with it! ;P

    xoxoxoox,
    Ricki Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always such fun to decorate little girls rooms, well any kids rooms for that matter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun, fun! I loved doing this for Allie's room. Re-doing is fun for any room. I've saved a pic of those sprocket pillows as well. They are too cute. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with. I may have to make something for Little Monkey as well. Not promising but you never know what mood might hit me. Let me know when you come up with the color scheme. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Melissa! Chad made his forge and it's a pretty simple design...you can buy one from a gentleman in Canada. I think they're about $100. But a nice way to do blacksmithing on a smaller scale. I love all the bright colors in your inspiration photos. Some day my kids will each need (and have) their own room and I can do something cute a girly for Mighty!!!

    ReplyDelete