Search & Win

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Farmer's Market and Dusty Nettles..

I hope you all had a great weekend!  I sure did!!  Saturday I spent the day selling wares at the local farmers market!  It was a lot of fun and I met a great lady who I am going to introduce you to shortly!

There were about 10 vendors at the Orange County Farmer's Market.  We had trees, and greenery, fresh baked yeast breads, quick breads and muffins, jams and jellies, pickles, potatoes, squash, eggs, wreaths, alpaca yarns and scarves, pillows, paintings, and more!  I brought my flower hair clip/pins and headbands as well as some vintage items and tools Hubby wanted to sell.  Here is a picture of my two tables.



I did pretty good for the day, and I will probably go back again in the spring.  The market is open year round, in the winter time they move inside the old train depot. 

I met another vendor Saturday, her name is Maria Pace.  She also has a blog and an etsy store!  I have to say I really enjoyed talking with her, she was so bubbly and happy.  Maria is a watercolorist, and she turns her watercolors into fabric using Spoonflower.  She then makes pillows and blankets, and other things out of the fabric.  She has some really beautiful designs!  Here are a few pictures.

I got this picture from Maria's blog! This is what it looked like early in the morning, my pictures are at the end of the day.

Marie's newest watercolor, turned  beautiful fabric!
Here is a photo of a recently sold place mat that Maria had for sale in her etsy store, I LOVE it! 

Last but not least, here is a link to Maria's Spoonflower page. I hope you will stop in and visit and tell her I sent you!
Melissa



2 comments:

  1. What fun. I am going over to the other blog right now to meet your new friend. Glad you did well. It is rather addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, what is dusty nettles?

    ReplyDelete