Search & Win

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Broccoli Slaw YUM!!

Happy Monday!  I thought today I would share a new recipe that I found last week.  It is so good that I am going to make it again this week!

I had some fresh broccoli, and I wasn't sure what to do with it, but I knew I didn't really feel like cooking it.   So I looked through one of my favorite cooking sites, Allrecipes.com.  I found this yummy Broccoli Slaw recipe.


 4-6 cups broccoli florets (cut into small pieces, not shredded)
6-8 strips bacon (or like I did, almost the whole pound, love bacon!)
3 green onions, or more to taste
1 large handful craisins
1/3 cup sunflower seeds ( I didn't have these so I used chopped almonds and added a bit of salt to the dressing)
1 large grated carrot

Dressing:
2/3 cup mayonaise
2 tbls sugar
4 tsp white vinegar

mix well, so there are no lumps.  Add to salad mix and stir well.  Allow to sit in fridge for 2 or more hours to blend flavors.  

This is a wonderfully flavorful salad.  I have to say I did not expect hubby to like it, but he really loved it!  Little Monkey on the other hand, loved the bacon and craisins but wasn't crazy about "the little trees".  She will eat broccoli when it is cooked, but not raw.  It was fine, she picked out the "good" stuff and ate a few carrots, that was good enough for me!  I hope you all will try this, it really is a great salad!  Oh, and you can also add shredded cheese, I didn't do that because I was out of cheese, but I think it would be a good addition. 
Have any favorite recipes you 'd like to share?  I'd love to try them, feel free to send them over!  I might even feature it here!  I hope you all are having a great week!
Melissa


1 comment:

  1. I love this recipe. The only thing I do different is cheat and buy broccoli slaw mix at the grocery store and I use raisins instead of craisins. I love it. Thanks for the reminder. I haven't made it in a while. LM

    ReplyDelete