Search & Win

Monday, November 26, 2012

Pinterest Monday #31, Thanksgiving Left Over Ideas

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a fabulous week!  I sure did!  We had 23 people over on Thursday and of course tons of left overs!  In an effort to not eat just turkey, mashed potatoes, and gravy all week I have been trying to find some alternatives.  Here are my favorites from Pinterest.

Homemade Hot Pockets! These can be made in lots of variations, but this one comes from Just Putzing Around The Kitchen. I mixed some cooked veggies, carrots, potatoes, etc, with left over turkey and a little gravy to bind it all.
This recipe is similar, but a little larger and a little more hardy.  This is a Pastie, a Cornish style hand pie.  They were meant to be a hardy quick to eat lunch, the best part for me, they freeze well.
For these, I did a couple variations, I did some like the hot pockets above, some I used turkey, a layer of mashed potatoes, gravy, and a bit of cranberry sauce for a hint of sweetness.  You can pretty much put any filling in and it is good!  This is from Allrecipes.com.

Since you can use chicken and turkey interchangeably in most recipes I love some of the options Mom's by Heart.net have put together. 40 shredded chicken recipes!!
Have tons of left over mashed potatoes?  Then this one is for you! Baked Potato Soup! This recipe is from Skinnytaste.com, they use a cauliflower as well, to lighten the recipe, I don't like the texture so instead I boil a rutabaga, which has no flavor, but does have the texture of a potato when you blend it.

I hope this helps you use up those Thanksgiving leftovers!!  We always enjoy leftovers, but sometimes you just need to give them a different twist!
Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment